Except now we’re home again and somehow it’s August, which I am completely unprepared for. Where has summer gone?! We need to make all the summery drinks pronto to take full advantage of these last few weeks.
I brought a bottle of this summery margarita shandy concentrate along to the lake and it was a hit! Such a simple cocktail, so refreshing for hot days floating on a lake. We’re making a standard margarita mix, adding frozen limeade, and last-minute pouring light beer on top for bubbles and all-day sipping happiness.
I had such good intentions of writing up posts and scheduling everything on the twelve-hour drive from Colorado to Missouri. Here’s what I did instead:
- Drag Scout into the front seat to cuddle with me.
- Offer to drive, then fall asleep again instead.
- Reread old books instead of the new ones I checked out for this trip.
- Eat Spree candy until my mouth hurt.
- Sleep some more.
It was the perfect road trip! (Kirk might think differently.)
You can make the concentrated margarita mix way ahead of time and keep it in the freezer. Mix it in a pitcher as directed if you’ll be drinking it all at once at a party, or just add a little concentrate to a bottle of Corona for slower drinking.
If I’m drinking tequila my go-to is always Espolòn blanco, but this will be just as refreshing with reposado/gold tequila if that’s more your style. Happy August, everyone!
Summer Margarita Shandy
- 8 oz. tequila
- 4 oz. triple sec
- 12 oz. frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 lime thinly sliced
- 24 oz. light beer like corona
- Combine tequila, triple sec, limeade, and lime slices in a large pitcher.
- Just before serving, add beer to pitcher. Pour over ice and serve.