These would fit right in at any weekend brunch but they’re simple enough for weekdays too. We’re just frying an egg and layering it all up – nothing too crazy, just a really good way to start our mornings.
Those slow cooker adobo refried beans add a whole new depth of flavor, so if you have the chance to make a big batch ahead of time, definitely do. And if you don’t, just pop open a can and make these for breakfast anyway.
You can also swap corn tortillas for flour for an easy gluten-free substitution. Corn tortillas don’t have that cozy pillowy-softness, but they’re an easy way to healthify tacos.
I’m obsessed with Kenji’s truly-crispy fried eggs with lacy edges that crunch really beautifully, but any preferred method of egg-making will be just fine. Make the chorizo & beans ahead of time for an even easier meal!
Chorizo & Bean Breakfast Tacos
- 2 T. butter
- 8 eggs
- 8 4" flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- 1 cup adobo refried beans warmed
- 4 oz. chorizo cooked & drained
- 4 oz. cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet. Fry eggs individually and set on a plate.
- Arrange tortillas on a large platter and spread refried beans on each tortilla. Top each with a fried egg.
- Crumble chorizo and cotija over the eggs. Top with cilantro and serve hot.