Remember when I declared that tacos are my love language? We’re bringing the love to breakfast! Spicy chorizo + smoky refried beans + gooey fried eggs are perfectly paired for maximum morning happiness.
These would fit right in at any weekend brunch but they’re simple enough for weekdays too. We’re just frying an egg and layering it all up – nothing too crazy, just a really good way to start our mornings.
Those slow cooker adobo refried beans add a whole new depth of flavor, so if you have the chance to make a big batch ahead of time, definitely do. And if you don’t, just pop open a can and make these for breakfast anyway.
You can also swap corn tortillas for flour for an easy gluten-free substitution. Corn tortillas don’t have that cozy pillowy-softness, but they’re an easy way to healthify tacos.
I’m obsessed with Kenji’s truly-crispy fried eggs with lacy edges that crunch really beautifully, but any preferred method of egg-making will be just fine. Make the chorizo & beans ahead of time for an even easier meal!
Chorizo & Bean Breakfast Tacos
- 2 T. butter
- 8 eggs
- 8 4″ flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- 1 cup adobo refried beans warmed
- 4 oz. chorizo cooked & drained
- 4 oz. cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet. Fry eggs individually and set on a plate.
- Arrange tortillas on a large platter and spread refried beans on each tortilla. Top each with a fried egg.
- Crumble chorizo and cotija over the eggs. Top with cilantro and serve hot.