Tequila & shrimp are made for each other, perfectly seasoned with garlic & spices! Bonus: besides being always-delicious, loading corn tortillas up with protein and veggies is super healthy. This is eeeverything I want for hot, lazy evenings in the backyard.
Being homeowners is still completely magical to me – so much freedom! To do anything we want! The one thing we haven’t jumped on yet is purchasing a grill because cooking over an open fire is just too much fun.
Lately I’m loving setting a grate over the bed of coals and treating it as a regular grill. You have to babysit the food since there aren’t any handy controls, but sitting around the fire isn’t exactly a hardship!
Tequila shrimp, juicy cherry tomatoes, creamy avocado, sparkling margaritas – we are definitely living our best summer life. ❤
Grilled Tequila Shrimp Tacos
Tequila Shrimp Marinade
- 1 lb. raw shrimp peeled
- 2 T. tequila
- 2 T. butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lime juiced & zested
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cotija crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Toss shrimp with all other marinade ingredients except baking soda in a large bag. Seal tightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid from the shrimp, then toss with baking soda.
- Thread 6 to 8 shrimp onto 2 skewers, alternating heads and tails and pushing the shrimp tightly together. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Grill on both sides until pink & opaque.
- Lay out grilled shrimp, tortillas, and toppings family-style and dig in!