As always, I’m a big fan of dishes that can be served at room temp, aka anything that’s perfect for picnics. This is just the right balance of creamy pasta salad and fresh veggies, super filling without feeling heavy. You can top it off with roasted chicken for a complete meal too!
All the seasoning comes from our tzatziki sauce, which is loaded with freshness in the forms of garlic, lemon juice, and dill. If you’re using premade sauce – no shame, because there are only so many hours in the day – taste it first to see if you want to pep it up before mixing. Any of those ingredients will perk up a less-than-thrilling tzatziki.
I also like my tzatziki on the salty side so I didn’t need to add any more to the orzo salad, but you might want to. Just don’t forget about the deliciously salty olives!
Tzatziki Orzo Salad
- 2 cups orzo
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted & sliced
- 6 oz. feta crumbled
- 1 T. fresh dill minced
- 1 1/2 cups tzatziki sauce
- Cook orzo al dente, according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine orzo with tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives, feta, and dill. Toss with tzatziki sauce.
- Serve cold or at room temp.