Think of these PB&J wings like an American twist on Thai spicy peanut wings. The wings are baked to extra-crispy perfection in the oven, slathered in a sweet & spicy creamy peanut sauce, and dipped in tangy raspberry jelly. America’s favorite childhood sandwich, now on party-ready chicken wings!
A few technical things so we can make the absolute best, crispiest oven wings:
- If you’re super organized, uncover the wings in the fridge the day before. Letting them dry out overnight helps remove as much moisture as possible from the skin.
- …but if you didn’t remember, it’s okay – just make sure to squeeze as much surface moisture off with paper towels as possible.
- Baking powder is magical dust for oven-baked wings! This coating helps dry out the skin while keeping all the good juices inside. (Double-check that you’re using baking powder instead of baking soda, though, or you’ll be majorly disappointed.)
and a few flavor thoughts to round things out:
- Half a teaspoon of cayenne gives the peanut sauce a nice kick without lingering heat. I kicked it up to a full teaspoon and that was perfect for us.
- If the fish sauce is weirding you out, or you just don’t have any in the pantry, soy sauce works too. We’re going for that major-flavor umami punch.
- I’m a raspberry jelly girl all the way, but of course you can use your favorite PB&J flavor – grape? strawberry? cherry? Yes.
Still thinking about your menu for this weekend? A hot wing bar is the perfect spread for game day! Bake up a few dozen crispy wings and set them out with different flavors of wing sauce so everyone can make exactly what they’re craving.
Don’t forget carrots, celery, and dipping sauces too – veggies might not be the main attraction, but dips are critical for that over-the-top wing party heaven.
America's favorite childhood sandwich, now on amazing party-ready chicken wings! Baked to extra-crispy perfection in the oven, slathered in a sweet & spicy creamy peanut sauce, and dipped in tangy raspberry jelly.
- 3 lb. chicken wings
- 2 T. baking powder
- 1 T. salt
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 T. honey
- 1 T. fish sauce
- 1/2 t. cayenne
- 1/2 cup raspberry jelly
- 1 t. lime juice
- 1 t. water
Unwrap the wings and let the skin dry in the fridge overnight.
Preheat oven to 250°.
Pat the wings dry with paper towels. Toss wings in a large bowl with baking powder and salt.
Set a wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet and coat with nonstick spray. Arrange wings skin-up on the rack.
Bake at 250° for 30 minutes. Increase oven to 425° and bake for another 45 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through.
While wings are baking, whisk together all ingredients for the peanut butter wing sauce in a large bowl. Whisk together all ingredients for the jelly dipping sauce in a separate bowl.
Let wings cool for 5 minutes, then toss in peanut butter sauce until thoroughly coated.
Serve wings hot with jelly dipping sauce.