Meatballs, thick bacon, guacamole, jack cheese, and jalapeño slices are all skewered between cherry tomato ‘buns’ for one giant delicious bite. As a happy coincidence, these bun-less bites are actually pretty healthy – basically little protein-filled salads on a stick, right?
Jalapeño slices add bright, fresh crunchiness to each bite. If spicy isn’t your thing, try slices of sweet mini peppers instead.
Also this dipping sauce! This chipotle garlic sauce is so dang good. Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are flavor magic for everything from tacos to eggs to dips. This sauce is super simple to toss together and it’s my go-to for just about everything
So what’s on your game-day party menu? I’ve got some crazy-good wings and chile sausage rolls coming up this week to help you out – plus a comfort food brunch favorite to kick the day off!
Bacon Guacamole Cheeseburger Bites
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 T. worcestershire
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz. monterey jack
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 2 jalapeños (optional)
- 24 toothpicks
Chipotle Lime Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo minced
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Set a wire rack in a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Lay bacon slices on the rack.
- Bake bacon at 400° for 10-12 minutes, until edges are barely crisp; chewy centers will be easier to skewer. Leave oven at 400°.
- While bacon is baking, heat oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add beef, worcestershire, salt, & pepper to the onions and mix well.
- Remove the rack of bacon from the foil-lined baking sheet. Roll beef into 24 small meatballs and set on the baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs at 400° for 10-12 minutes, until browned.
- While meatballs are baking, slice cherry tomatoes in half widthwise. Slice each bacon strip into 4 pieces and scoop a teaspoon of guacamole onto each piece. Cut monterey jack into 8 slices, then cut each slice into 3 squares. If using jalapeños, cut thinly into 24 slices.
- Skewer one cherry tomato half, guacamole-topped bacon slice, jalapeño slice, cheese slice, meatball, and finish with another cherry tomato half. Repeat for all 24 skewers.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients or pulse in a food processor.
- Serve skewers warm with chipotle dipping sauce.