I couldn’t pass up the chance for another fudgy brownie bite recipe! These are seriously the best little squares of brownie-meets-fudge goodness that you’ll ever taste, completely irresistible. I flavored the brownies & ganache with Graham Cracker Porter from Denver Beer Co. and it really shines through! Sprinkled with coarse sea salt for contrast, these are addictingly poppable – you’ve been warned.
This week’s recipes feature local craft beers to celebrate the Great American Beer Festival! GABF is the biggest beer festival & competition in the country, bringing the best of craft brewing together in Colorado. They’ll be pouring over 3,500 brews, so you better believe I’ll be wearing my pretzel necklace. I’ll share some fun behind-the-scenes stories on Instagram starting tomorrow!
I’m not usually the biggest porter fan, but this Graham Cracker Porter has been a favorite since I first moved to Colorado. Tons of flavor, not too heavy, and just the perfect all-around fall camping beer. If you can’t get Denver Beer Co. beers where you live – first of all, I’m sorry, they’re pretty great – but make sure to use a really full-flavored porter so it doesn’t get lost in the chocolate.
I think my perfect fall afternoon would be sitting around a crackling campfire with friends, sipping this porter and stuffing my face with brownie bites. Let’s make it happen.
These are a variation on my orange liquor brownie bites since not everyone (cough, Kirk) likes the flavors of citrus and chocolate together. That’s fine, I get it… more for me!
I’m so excited to kick off the GABF party tomorrow – I’ll be sharing everything on social, so follow along if you want to see the magic!
Sea Salt Porter Brownie Bites
Fudgy Beer Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 oz. unsweetened chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup porter beer
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/4 t. salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
Porter Beer Ganache
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup porter beer
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 T. coarse sea salt flakes
Baking the Brownies
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat, then add unsweetened chocolate and stir until melted & smooth.
- Whisk sugar, porter, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Pour in melted chocolate. Add eggs one by one and whisk briskly until mixture is glossy.
- Fold in flour and mix just until blended. Pour batter into an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes; if edges are raised, gently press down so the surface of the brownie is flat. Finish cooling completely out of the pan on a rack.
Making the Ganache Topping
- Bring cream and porter to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add chocolate, whisking until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Refrigerate ganache until it's thickened and spreadable, about 45 minutes.
- Spread ganache over brownies. Return to the fridge until cold, about an hour.
- Run a sharp knife under hot water to cut brownies cleanly into squares. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt flakes. Serve chilled and store in the fridge.