It’s almost football time! And nothing goes better with sports than a full spread of saucy wings, garlicky cheese bread, and enough dips to cover every inch of the table. (This pretty much sounds like my perfect lazy Sunday, if we’re being honest.)
Layering cream cheese + beefy chili sauce + cheddar cheese and baking it. It’s all going to melt together into a bubbling, gooey, beautiful mess. Whether you’re taking it to a party or staying on your own couch in yoga pants (um, me), it’s gonna disappear before halftime.
On one hand, I’m kinda ready for the Super Bowl to be over so we can talk about something else… I’m the kind of person who’s there for the food & commercials. And the Puppy Bowl! Don’t even get me started on the Puppy Bowl. #TeamRuff
On the other, regardless of how you feel about the sport or teams, Manning is an incredible career athlete and I’m hoping he gets to go out on top. Plus, you know, it’s hard not to get caught up in Broncos mania living in Colorado.
I thought about subbing turkey for beef here. At least it crossed my mind. I’m sure it would still be delicious, but every now and then you just want – complete honesty – the greasy goodness of beef with melted cheeses. I have no regrets.
This can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until you’re ready, then just slide it in the oven. You might need to add a couple minutes to the cooking time if it’s fully chilled.
Baked Chili Cheese Dip
- 8 oz fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 T. chili powder
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. brown sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and microwave in thirty-second intervals until soft.
- Stir in sour cream, then spread evenly in the bottom of a pie plate or baking dish.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Drain grease, then add tomato sauce, spices, sugar, and salt.
- Layer on top of cream cheese in dish and sprinkle cheddar cheese across the top.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, until edges are bubbling and the cheese is just beginning to brown. Serve hot!