Apple & Rosemary Chicken Sausage Skillet
Sauteing apples + onions + chicken sausage + rosemary + cinnamon makes a knock-em-dead one-skillet meal the whole family will love - and bonus, it's good for you!
- 2 T. butter
- 2 medium sweet onions sliced
- 2 medium red apples cored & sliced
- 1 lb. chicken sausage cooked & sliced
- 2 oz. bourbon (optional)
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/4 t. cinnamon more to taste
Melt butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Add onions and apples to the skillet. Cook until apples are soft and onions beginning to brown, stirring often.
Add sausage slices and continue cooking until browned.
Stir in bourbon, apple cider vinegar, rosemary, and cinnamon. Deglaze the the skillet and cook for another 2 minutes until fragrant.