In partnership with Chocolove.Happy Mother’s Day weekend! We’re entering one of my favorite periods of the year, as spring heats up to summer (despite a mountain hailstorm or two) and our little town comes alive with equal parts Denverites and tourists from around the world. Mother’s Day also falls on my birthday every few years, and this is a year for double celebrations!
Of all the good things to celebrate this time of year, fresh strawberry season is high on the list. This six-ingredient, no-bake dark chocolate tart is a sweet act of love for Mom – even if you only have a few minutes the evening before. This year we’re taking traditional chocolate-dipped strawberries one step further into a deliciously simple tart filled with strawberry-chocolate ganache! A light sprinkle of sea salt really brings out the freshness of juicy strawberries and beautifully enhances rich dark chocolate.
To be perfectly honest, Mother’s Day snuck up on me – actually, the whole month of May was a surprise. The last couple weeks have been an absolute blur of back-to-back catering, new coworking space, replacing our home foundation, flying around the country for weddings – and unfortunately blogging and housework were the casualties.
I really miss our usual balance – well, I miss blogging, much less so housework – but this is a busy season of my life for so many good reasons. These are happy, fulfilling projects, and it’s important to forgive myself for focusing elsewhere when I need to.
All of that being said, I still wanted to share a delicious sweet treat to celebrate moms. It had to be super-simple and quick with a bonus for not turning the oven on. This sweet little tart? Totally nailed it.
I used Chocolove’s new strawberry-filled dark chocolate to make this decadent ganache, but high-quality 55% dark chocolate with a couple dollops of strawberry jam will do in a pinch if these bars aren’t available in your area yet.
Sending love to all you mamas – have a joyful weekend!
Strawberry & Sea Salt Chocolate Tart
- 10 sheets chocolate graham crackers
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 7 oz. heavy cream
- 12 oz. strawberry-filled dark chocolate or 10 oz. 55% dark chocolate + 2 T. strawberry jam
- 12 strawberries hulled & halved
- 1/4 t. coarse sea salt
- Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground, then pour into a mixing bowl. Fold in brown sugar and melted butter until moistened.
- Press crust mixture firmly into the bottom and sides of a tart pan. Set pan in the freezer to harden while preparing the filling.
- Heat heavy cream in a large pan until hot but not simmering. Remove from heat and add chopped strawberry-filled chocolate, or chocolate and strawberry jam. Stir until the chocolate is fully melted and the ganache is smooth.
- Remove the crust from the freezer. Arrange 12 strawberry halves cut-side-down in the bottom, then cover evenly with ganache. Press remaining strawberry halves into the ganache until slightly submerged.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight to let the ganache set.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, slice into thin wedges, and serve cold.