Because we haven’t had enough sweets yet, right? Right!
I’d be a little embarrassed to call this a recipe if it wasn’t the holidays. It’s all of 4 ingredients. And they’re all in the title, because I have no restraint with words. But they’re such good ingredients! Caramels melted into pretzels, drizzled with dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt!
And yes I will have another, thanks.
I’ve hit a little patch of kitchen fatigue after all the holiday feasting this past weekend. Nothing major – the Maisano family dinner is coming up, after all – but the only thing simmering in our kitchen has been water for tea. This is my way of easing back into it.
Easy enough for little ones to make, easy enough to toss together just before friends arrive to cover up that the Christmas cookies are already gone.
These are perfectly paired with a dark beer or even bubbly for a New Year’s party. Also perfectly paired with a popcorn for a lazy Netflix binge dinner. Cheers however you’re spending the week!
- 120 mini pretzels, about 7 oz.
- 40 caramels, about 11 oz., unwrapped
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, about 6 oz., melted
- several pinches coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange mini pretzels in groups of three to form little circles.
- Flatten each caramel to about half-height - I just pressed them with my hand on a cutting board - and set one in the center of each cluster.
- Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes, until caramels are starting to melt.
- Drizzle dark chocolate across the clusters and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- And finally, the hardest part - let cool for at least 20 minutes, until chocolate is set.