I can’t get enough of peach + basil this summer, it’s so fresh and bright! Colorado peaches are getting extra juicy and sweet so I’m packing them into every meal possible.
After the amaaaaazing peach grilled cheese sandwiches with brie & basil, I had a handful of basil and sliced peaches just hanging out in my fridge so I tossed them in my morning smoothie. Perfect morning shake-up! The basil is unexpected but brings a really wonderful herbiness to sweet peaches and banana.
Guys, I’m so hooked on coconut milk lately! It’s getting poured into ev.er.y.thing and I’m not slowing down. It’s giving all my slow-simmered dinners a touch of curry style and all my breakfasts just a little pinch of sweet. Naturally it’s replaced milk in my smoothies too, which has the bonus of making this a vegan breakfast treat.
Shredded coconut around the rim isn’t necessary, but a lot of really good things aren’t – it’s a fun touch if you have some in the pantry!
- 1 peach, pit removed & roughly chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- ½ banana
- ½ cup coconut milk
- tiny pinch of salt
- handful of ice cubes
- (optional) unsweetened shredded coconut, for garnish
- Puree peaches, basil, banana, coconut milk, salt, and ice in blender.
- (optional) Wet the edge of a glass with water, then roll in coconut.
- Pour the smoothie into the glass, garnish with a peach slice & sprig of basil, and drink up!