Tacos are my runner-up love language, second only to burritos – good thing breakfast burritos are our official unofficial food of Colorado so we can eat them aaaaall day! Taco bars are perfect for summer, not too heavy and quick to throw together.
Tequila & shrimp are made for each other, perfectly seasoned with garlic & spices! Bonus: besides being always-delicious, loading corn tortillas up with protein and veggies is super healthy. This is eeeverything I want for hot, lazy evenings in the backyard.
Being homeowners is still completely magical to me – so much freedom! To do anything we want! The one thing we haven’t jumped on yet is purchasing a grill because cooking over an open fire is just too much fun.
Lately I’m loving setting a grate over the bed of coals and treating it as a regular grill. You have to babysit the food since there aren’t any handy controls, but sitting around the fire isn’t exactly a hardship!
Tequila shrimp, juicy cherry tomatoes, creamy avocado, sparkling margaritas – we are definitely living our best summer life. ❤
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled
- 2 T. tequila
- 2 T. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced & zested
- 1 t. chili powder
- ½ t. cumin
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. baking soda
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cotija, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Toss shrimp with all other marinade ingredients except baking soda in a large bag. Seal tightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid from the shrimp, then toss with baking soda.
- Thread 6 to 8 shrimp onto 2 skewers, alternating heads and tails and pushing the shrimp tightly together. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Grill on both sides until pink & opaque.
- Lay out grilled shrimp, tortillas, and toppings family-style and dig in!