We’re at the lake this week for Kirk’s family reunion and the food situation has been goooood. Three kinds of sliders, baked potato bar, the very best browned butter chocolate chip cookies – this family eats in style and I absolutely love it. It’s hard, hungry work floating with a beer all day.
This is definitely not any kind of truly Thai dish, but doctoring up standard egg salad with a double shot of curry paste & curry powder, fish sauce, & lemongrass is a fun change of pace. Stuff it in pitas, pile it into lettuce cups, or scoop it up with celery sticks!
I didn’t think I liked egg salad at all as a kid, mostly because it made me think of the chalky eggs and awful Miracle Whip in grocery egg salads. It wasn’t until just a few years ago that I 1. learned I LOVE medium-boiled eggs and 2. figured out I should definitely be using plain yogurt instead.
How boiled you like your eggs is a personal thing, but I really like how gooey medium-boiled yolks melt into the salad base. Give it a try!
- ⅓ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 t. fish sauce
- 1 T. green curry paste
- 2 t. curry powder
- ½ t. salt
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 T. lemongrass, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Whisk together yogurt, lime juice, fish sauce, curry paste, curry powder, and salt.
- Mix in celery, green onions, cilantro, lemongrass, and garlic. Fold in eggs.
- Serve in pitas, lettuce cups, or with celery sticks for dipping!